Saturday, November 10, 2007

Product focus: No Escape Leash

We wanted to highlight one of our unique products, the No Escape Leash by a Canadian company called Smoochy Poochy. We love this leash and use it plus the matching collar on Reef.

They come in two materials, PVC and nylon. The PVC ones are great for water dogs... and in Seattle winters, any dog that goes outside is a water dog! Anyway, the PVC material doesn't absorb water at all, so unlike many materials it won't develop a smell. It is also dries much faster, so the collar won't chafe on your dog's neck.

The leash has some very convenient features. The first one you'll notice is the black mesh pouch, which is for poop bags - it's nicer than stuffing your pockets with them, plus there's usually a bag in there even if you forgot to check before you went out.

The other big thing is the hand loop - you'll notice that it isn't sewn up, instead it has a clasp on it. This clasp is more convenient than you'd imagine. You don't notice it when you're just walking normally, but if you have to leave your dog outside then you can simply open the clasp, loop it around a pole or bench leg, and re-clip it. It saves you from trying to tie knots with your leash.

The leash also has grommets part way down, that you can use in several ways. You can use it to make the leash shorter, say when you are going through a busy traffic area - just unclip the hand loop, and clip it to a lower grommet.
Or you can clip the leash around your waist, which is great if your dog pulls, or if you want to have both hands free like when you're out jogging. The photos below show how it works. It's just a little thing, but it sure makes those walks a lot easier!



Finally, here are some of the colours that are available - PVC on the left, nylon on the right. And there are some other colors too, which we can special-order for you.

8 comments:

DaveSchappell said...

Love the leash, and the descriptions/photos -- I think you've helped me pick out Zach's next gift!

Dave

Michelle said...

I fell in love with this lead when I saw in Canada...but I did not get it then.

Do you have an on-line store, or perhaps I can order it from you & you can send to me? I live in NY.

Katie Rosemary said...

Love this leash! Just bought it today and can't wait to start using it with my great dane.

Unknown said...

How do these compare to the fanbelt line of Rogz ??? I fell in love with Rogz, I bought several on a trip to Montreal, they too have the clasp and several large rings sewn into the lead, that also has reflective webbing. Rogz is so hard to come by that it would be nice to have something that is more readily available.

nan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nan said...

Hi all yes I deleted 2 comments as I didn't do spell check but still love & use this product. I've had a leash since 2006 & truly love it. Now we have 2 dogs (dal & golden retriever) & the 2 Smoochy Poochy leashes are the best leashes going. Great when your hands are cold you still have control of the dogs. Should you slip as I did on a wet log the dogs couldn't get loose or run off. These leashes are much better than the extended leashes, your dogs are kept closer to you. Also the collars with the reflective tape very visible at night. 2 dogs, 2 leashes. Smoochy Poochy we wouldn't leave home without them. Nan from Toronto Canada

Anonymous said...

I've had the Smoochy leash for about 5 months, and never realised that it could tie around your waist (duh...) Anyways, I love the leash. My only complaint is that my dog chews on it a lot making it look horrible.